SPRINT 4510 AFTS: Practical Innovations in Flying Probe Test Technology
There are many challenges in building densely populated electronic circuit boards. Maintaining high quality, keeping low volume production costs under control, and meeting aggressive time schedules force manufacturers to adopt lean, yet effective, test and quality assurance measures in their production processes.
Flying probe testers have few restrictions on access, require no test fixtures, and can test boards with a virtually unlimited number of nets, allowing test developers to turn a program around in a short time. For these reasons and more, flying probe testers have become indispensable tools in today’s electronic manufacturing systems.
A proven technology by the market leader made it easy for Spinnaker to add this equipment to the testing suite we currently offer. When there is zero room for error and validation is required, our ability to test through flying probe adds value on both the front end and the back end of a product life cycle. Have a board that has failed functional test, but want to simplify troubleshooting? Spinnaker is able to accurately narrow down the potential points of failure in a fraction of the time. Find out how our Flying Probe service can be integrated in your production needs.
- Advanced, proven architecture based on 3-phase linear platen motors with air bearings for high speed, accurate, reliable and wear-free operation
- Four identical flying probes with 6° probing angle
- Quick and easy test program generation from CAD or Gerber data
- Precision analog test
- Power-off Open Pin Detection on ICs, connectors, and other devices
- Board power on test
- Boundary scan (JTAG) test
- Mixed signal function test using external instruments
- On-board device programming
- Automated Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Advanced fault coverage report generator
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Panelized board test
- Fixed stationary probes
- Advanced Fiducial Recognition system
- Barcode reader system
- Board Marking System
- SMEMA compatible operation
- Best value and quick return on investment